Frequently Asked Questions

  • How old does my child have to be to start school?

    Children enter kindergarten if they are age 5 on or by September 1.

    What school will my child attend?

    The primary residence (address) of the child's parent or legal guardian determines which elementary school the student will attend. Please refer to the Elementary Attendance Zones (School Boundaries).

    What documents are needed to register my child?

    1. Proof of Residency (This can be a utility bill, rental contract or mortgage papers.)
    2. Certificate of Birth (If a copy is unavailable at the time of registration, the parent/legal guardian may have up to 30 days to submit the document to the school.)
    3. Immunization or shot record (Signed by a physician or physician’s representative.)

    What other documents or information would be useful to bring?

    • You will be asked to complete several forms that request your contact information such as telephone and cell phone numbers and email addresses for home and work and emergencies.
    • Transcripts and records regarding education and/or special services placement are helpful. If you have not already transferred your child's records, you may sign a record transfer request at the time of registration.
    • Legal guardians must provide certified proof of guardianship.

    When should I register my child?

    During the summer months, school is closed. Our school office reopens in early August. We will hold a two-day registration for new students (and those without online access).

    During the school year (Late August to early June), you may register your child at any time during normal business hours. Please check the district and our school website prior to the start of school for more information.

    What forms may I be asked to sign when I register my child?

    Parents are asked to complete several forms including:

    How do I find out what school supplies my child needs?

    If your student is enrolling mid-year, we will provide you a list of needed supplies when registering. Prior to the start of each school year our school posts the elementary supply list on its website.

    How do I find out what school bus my child should ride?

    The district contracts with Middleton Bus Co. to provide transportation to and from school for eligible students. For questions regarding bus schedules and routes contact Steve Vis, Middleton Bus Company at (208) 459-0195.

    How do I pay for student meals?

    Middleton School District’s Food Service Department provides parents a convenient, easy and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into their child’s school meal account at any time through a web site called My School Bucks.

    This service provides parents the ability to view their child’s account balance and the convenience of being able to make a payment at any time. To set up an account you will need your child’s student ID number; you may get this number by contacting our school office or contacting the Food Service Office at (208) 585-6700.

    However, if you choose not to take advantage of the online prepayment service you may make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to Middleton School Food Service. Please write your child’s full name on the check to ensure payments get credited to the proper student account.

    Who do I contact for more information?

    If you have additional questions, you may contact the Middleton School District Office at (208) 585-3027.