The goal of the Middleton Heights Elementary School Title 1 Program is to assist each student, family and teacher in achieving personal success for the student. In order to achieve this goal, the home and school much work together.
As a school staff, we will—
- Provide timely information about our Title 1 program to parents, describe the curricula, the student assessments and proficiency levels students are expected to meet, provide opportunities for regular meetings, responds prompt to parent suggestions.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that improve teaching and learning and support the information of partnerships with families and the community.
- Endeavor to make school an accessible and welcoming place for students and their families.
- Provide a positive environment in which all students are capable of success…no exceptions!
- Model appropriate dress, language and behavior.
As a student, I will—
- Attend school regularly and be on time.
- Complete and return homework assignments.
- Work to the best of my ability.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward opportunities and experiences provided by the school and teachers.
- Help create a positive environment by practicing respect, accepting responsibility, working together, and following the rules for safety.
As a parent, I will—
- Ensure my child’s regular attendance and prompt arrival.
- Check my child’s backpack and folders for important information.
- Establish a time and place for homework and review it regularly.
- Follow and support school policies, including dress code and behavior guidelines.
- Communicate regularly with my child and with the school.
- Respect the school staff, students, and other families.
On-going opportunities for meaningful communications are provided through—
- Phone calls
- Conferences and meetings
- Website: https://www.msd134.org/Domain/9
- Weekly Folders