Who is eligible to vote? Middleton School District residents who are aged 18 or older on November 7, 2023, Election Day, are registered voters.
- Where do I vote?
- There are four possible polling places, but you must vote at "your" polling place, based on where you live. They frequently change. If you don't know where to vote visit this webpage and type in your address.
- How do I register to vote? Early registration deadlines have passed. However, you can register when you vote. You will need a valid driver's license and proof of residency.
- Can I vote early? Yes, in-person early voting will be held between Monday, October 23 through Friday, November 3, between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm at the Canyon County Elections Office, 1102 E. Chicago St. Caldwell.
- How do I request an absentee ballot? The deadline to request an absentee ballot was Friday, October 27, 2023. Once you have voted, Absentee Ballots must be returned to the Elections Office at 1102 E. Chicago St. Caldwell, Idaho 83605 by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 7, 2023.
- Where do I vote?
Property Tax Relief Information
The Supplemental Levy Election will be held Tuesday, Nov. 7
QUESTION: Shall the Board of Trustees of School District No. 134, Canyon County, State of Idaho, be authorized and empowered to levy a Supplemental Levy in the amount of One Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,500,000) per year for two (2) years, commencing with the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2024, and ending June 30, 2026, for the purposes stated above; all as provided in the Resolution adopted by the Board of Trustees on September 11, 2023?
The estimated average annual cost to the taxpayer on the proposed levy is a tax of $38 per $100,000 of taxable assessed value, per year, based on current conditions. The proposed levy replaces an existing levy that expires on June 30, 2024, and that currently costs $38 per $100,000 of taxable assessed value. Therefore, if the proposed levy is approved, the tax per $100,000 of taxable assessed value is not expected to change.
- Certified Teachers $386,000
- Classified Staff $354,000
- Resource Officer $80,000
- Pay to Participate $45,000
- Curriculum Adoption $500,000
- Transportation $35,000
- Building Maintenance $100,000
TOTAL ANNUAL LEVY: $1,500,000/year
Videos about the levy
Watch this hour-long interview with two Middleton Homeowners about the levy. They are Mike McDougal, left, Marc Gee, center, and Todd Ognibene, right. The interview starts at 3:01.