Welcome to PE
Middleton Vision and Mission Statement
The Middleton School District’s Health and Physical Education Program is dedicated to providing a curriculum where students apply the skills and knowledge necessary to confidently lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
All students in Middleton School District will receive a progressive K-12 physical education program that will promote a healthy, active lifestyle.
Our program goals will be accomplished through:
- Instruction of academic concepts that include fitness, nutrition, goal setting, and components of health
- Progressive motor skill development that includes team, individual and lifetime activities
- Improving social, emotional and mental health through active engagement in physical activity
- Gathering and analyzing data from a common assessment plan to reveal student growth and drive instruction
- Offering a variety of classes and activities to meet students’ needs
- Meeting or exceeding state recommendations for teacher to student contact time across all grade levels
- Equitable class sizes and safe facilities for all schools
- Physical education credit requiring written curriculum and assessments
- Ongoing professional development for staff and educational opportunities for community members
- Continued support by administration, parents, community, state and local governments
The result of Middleton School District’s Health and Physical Education Program is students who are life-long practitioners of healthy lifestyles.
Ms. Lisa Sliger