The Special Education Department directs and coordinates special education programs for the School District's public school systems, public agencies, and state institutions to teach students with mental or physical disabilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Middleton School District offers a wide variety of specially designed services to meet the unique needs of children determined to be eligible for special education services by meeting the eligibility criteria outlined in the Idaho Special Education Manual.
Special Education Program Goals
- To increase the graduation rates of students with disabilities.
- To decrease the dropout rates for students with disabilities.
- To ensure that students with disabilities participate in all statewide assessments so that they are an integral part of the accountability system.
- To monitor and improve the academic skills and performance of students with disabilities on statewide assessments.
- To decrease the number of suspensions and expulsions for students with disabilities.
- To improve post-school outcomes for students with disabilities.
- To increase the percentage of trained personnel working with students with disabilities, including special education teachers, related service personnel, para-professionals, and general education teachers working with students with disabilities.
- To reduce over-identification of students in special education.
- To educate all students with IEPs in the least restrictive environment.
- Decrease racial disproportionality in special education.
Special Education Program
Special Education Preschool Screening
Middleton School District offers preschool services for children who experience delays in speech, language, motor skills, and social or emotional skills.
If you have a concern about your preschooler and would like him or her screened free of charge, call and schedule an appointment. The screening takes about 45 minutes to complete and will include a brief review of the results with the parents.
Please call Amber Roberts (208) 585-3027 x152, Middleton School District, if you have questions for the preschool prescreenings.
Director of Special Services
Secretary to the Director of Special Services
Special Education Consulting Teacher
Medicaid Billing Specialist