- The Middleton Food Service’s mission is: to serve the nutritional needs of the students in our community.
- Create an environment where students want to come and enjoy meals.
- Increase student participation.
- Increase foodservice personnel’s knowledge and skills.
- Continue to integrate new ideas and techniques with appropriate USDA guidelines.
- Continue to work closely with the administrators/staff at all schools.
- Keep Board of Trustees informed regularly of programs’ performance.
- Higher student participation.
- Increased student knowledge of nutrition.
- Improved foodservice staff/student relations.
- Improved foodservice reputation.
USDA Non- Discrimination
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Barbara Bumgardner, SNS
Valerie Thompson, SNS
The Middleton School District has a Wellness Policy related to Child Nutrition. Your survey answers will help us improve our efforts. If you have any questions regarding Child Nutrition, please contact Food Service Director Barbara Bumgardner.