The Department of Curriculum and Assessment is responsible for envisioning, planning, and directing the implementation of a broad range of areas, including: curriculum and instruction, assessment, strategic planning, professional learning, and the integration of technology and innovative educational initiatives.
The responsibilities of this work include:
- Revising and aligning district curriculum to new and existing Idaho standards
- Coordinating the implementation of research-based curriculum and instructional practices
- Organizing and delivering professional learning for teachers and support staff
- Creating program models to support the needs of all learners
- Providing leadership roles to district committees
- Supporting the implementation of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and technology initiatives: district determined measures, framework and curriculum implementation, state assessments, and 21st century learning expectations